Friday, March 4, 2022

So much for rain

 306th day sober. I'd gone to bed around 11AM maybe closer to noon, and woke up around 6PM. It was a little wet outside like maybe it had drizzled. 

I went back to sleep and had this weird dream where I was trying to cut my hair with my clippers which are cordless, and had chosen to do it out under the freeway bridge. Maybe because it's windy there and would blow the trimmings away? I woke up and realized it was a dream but I didn't really wake up, I was still dreaming and went back to ... cutting my hair and again the clipper not working at all. It was very realistic. I thought the clippers weren't working because my hair was too clean and I was considering putting a little fabric softener in it etc. Dreams can sure be weird. 

I woke up again about 11:30 at night.  I had 1 oz. each of raw pecans and roasted/salted "sprouted organic" pumpkin seeds. Maybe with keto I *am* eating less. 

After 2AM I heard the trash truck emptying the dumpster that I often sneak stuff into, but this week it's been stuffed. Frankly, random people stop by and put stuff in so ....? That trash truck arriving meant the one that empties the welding place's trash can is due a bit later so I hustled out there and checked it because at times they throw out lots of neat little bubble wrap and foam envelopes I use a lot around here. None this week but I put a few things from "my" trash enclosure in since there was room - I like to keep things neat around here and the guys next door probably wonder where their fast food trash goes. 

It was raining very lightly outside so that's nice. I think I'll be able to make a post office and FedEx run tomorrow, er, later today without too much trouble. I might get a little wet but I can put the packages in plastic bags so they don't get wet, and I want to stop by the storage place too. 

I've been thinking and no. 1 is, it's March now and that means I've got a month and a half to get my taxes done and write a check. That'll be a few thou or should be if I do them right. But I'm also thinking I should go ahead and order that "enhanced" Shakuhachi Yuu from Monty Levinson. I can play the first two registers on the Yuu I have, and the "enhanced" one ought to play well up into the third. Monty said I could send mine in and save a little money, but I said I'd want to keep it to experiment on.

Amazingly, I've actually been thinking about buying a new trumpet, my dream trumpet for so long, a Yamaha "Xeno" 8210Z AKA the "Shew Horn" after Bobby Shew. 

The reason is, I do want to sell the crufty old Yamaha student horn I've been playing, but I'm getting a bit of a nostalgia attack. I put a lot of time and effort into trumpet and had just started to get a "mature" tone. I'd like to always have a trumpet around. I've already decided to keep two mouthpieces, a new Bach 3C with a gold rim that I got on sale for something like $35, and a Yamaha Bobby Shew "Jazz" mouthpiece which is something like halfway between a 3C and a 3D. 

So ultimately my "stable" would consist of the Shakuhachi Yuu, the "Enhanced" Yuu, the silver flute, and maybe a really decent trumpet, just for old times' sake. Or maybe I'll just keep the mouthpieces and that will be nostalgia enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...