I tried to get going a bit earlier today, but in the end I left at 5 anyway. But it was at 5, not some time after 5, and I got over to the bus stop pretty quickly too. But of course the 2-hour rule can't be broken under any circumstances, so this time the #522 buses didn't seem to be running at all and I rode a #22 and got to the Sunnyvale Whole Foods at 7.
It went OK I guess, except that in an area where 8 or 9 at night is considered really late, I need to start getting there earlier, maybe leaving here at 3.
I played until 8 and made $35. Then it started feeling really dead so I walked back to the bus stop, stopping at Baraka Market for some olives, and got back to the Sunnyvale Whole Foods at 9. My bike was knocked over but nothing was harmed. Probably some kind of drama, as the bums are thick on the ground these days and bums love drama.
When I'd arrived there and locked the bike, there was a bum-ess sitting right in front of the bike racks, very much on Whole Foods property, with the usual piles of bum-junk, and a really cute dog. And a sign, unreadable of course, because that's some sort of a law, that beggars have to have a sign that's unreadable. So maybe she'd gotten in a fight with another bum or something.
Anyway, I actually set up to play some more. I started at a quarter after 9 and figured I'll try it out until a quarter to 10. It was really dead though. I probably only played until a bit after 9:30, making $8, then went in and got a bag of hazelnuts and had a nice conversation with Kenny about busking.
No comments:
Post a Comment