Yes, I say, in the sense that it existed during the Ottoman Empire. If the good guys had won WWII, the rest of the small-hats would have been sent there and they could live as "dhimmis", or hosts of Islam, allowed to practice their "religion" such as it is (it's hard to call a regime of parasitism a religion) and not allowed to prey on the human population allowing them to live.
When I started seeing the gaping holes in the supposed logic behind modern Judaism, I thought, Well, if I were really devoted to this religion I'd not mind living as a dhimmi, paying my dhimmi tax and being allowed to live humbly, do my reading and prayers and all that, and I would feel good that I'm not harming other human beings.
But herein lies why I could never become a Jew, even though I thought so at one time. I see humans as humans, I see the natural world as something worth treasuring and caring for, and could never internalize the parasite view of the world, where all people other than fellow parasites are things to be used, the natural world a thing to be used, etc.
To give an example of the right way for things to be done, the Amish/Mennonites are very devoted to their religion. So they've found a way to live that doesn't step on the toes of others. One could say they pay a "dhimmi tax" in that they have to pay income tax, register their carriages etc., but they do these things and life goes on. They're not taking over anyone's banking systems or media, or medical "industry" or loan sharking, or distributing drugs, or importing immigrants who won't fit in, etc. They are not parasites.
I photo'd 20 things last night and listed 10, found things to pack today when I got up, and when I got up I packed them and was off to FedEx and the post office. I practiced last night but I was tired and it was a short practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment