Monday, August 31, 2026

A year might be stretching it

 Things are deteriorating so fast, I think that I've got a year left before it becomes very difficult or impossible to go back home, is optimistic. 

The internet is shutting down, for instance. Reddit is becoming impossible to read unless you're signed in, and you can only sign in if you're  in complete agreement with their politics. (And what people think their stance is, isn't. You have to be Zionist as hell, for starters. And you have to be a classic American liberal which means you show a facade of being Left, but in reality you're Zionist Right. To further complicate things, Zionist Right has very little to do with the actual political Right, and everything to do with being a good goy.) 

As another example of how the internet is less useful than the Pennysaver, there's no way to, using the internet, tell when downtown Sunnyvale will be monopolized by everyone's favorite band, Loud Band. I tried. So I just went there last night and it turned out to be fine. 

In fact, on my ride home last night I went through San Pedro Square and Loud Band was doing its thing there, and it was really loud. I like to ride around a bit, not least to see if any other buskers exist and I can say they're just about completely extinct here. 

I got 30 things together last night and photographed them and listed 10, and went to bed. I woke up around 4, but since I didn't have to leave until 7, it was OK. I had one thing that supposedly had to go to the Middle East and I'd tried mailing it on Friday with no luck. I tried again and it's still not possible so I just canceled the order etc. Another thing had to go to Canada and I simply could not find it. So I had to cancel that order too. That left a big order of 15 things to pack and get to FedEx. 

I had time to go to Lowe's for some Windex and since they have self-checkouts that take cash, I brought a bunch of change. I saw they had a sale on Dawn too so I got that, and found that the machine was "not processing cash at this time" so I paid using my card. At least the next stop was Sprouts where I got a bubble mailer and some cheese, that last for $5, and their self-checkout *did* take change. 

Then I dropped off the big box and got a cold coffee in H Mart and sat and enjoyed that along with some "seaweed peanuts" from 99 Ranch. I'm 2 lbs down from last week so  I'm doing something right. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A year might be stretching it

 Things are deteriorating so fast, I think that I've got a year left before it becomes very difficult or impossible to go back home, is ...