I got out of here a bit later today. 4:30 instead of 4.
But, if I took the shortest route, by way of Hedding, cut across a tiny part of the Bellermine campus, then right over to Whole Foods, that might help. And it did. I got over there, bought my two beef sticks and did a visit to the loo, and walked over to the bus stop by the SAP Center. The #22 and the #522 came at the same time, and a bum at the stop went for the #22 and I hopped on the #522.
There's a difference; bums go for the longest ride while some of us are actually trying to get somewhere. And I did, in fact, I was at the Sunnyvale Whole Foods 15 minutes earlier than I was yesterday. Insight No. 1: Get the #522 bus when possible, it makes a real difference.
Since I had a bit of time I checked their olive situation and it's the same as at my home Whole Foods so I didn't get any there.
I set up down in the parking garage and it was really meh. It was not very busy, and I started to feel kind of abandoned down there.
So I went up onto the sidewalk and while there was wind, and a lot of people just walking on by, I got more tips and more interactions, and all in all it was better. I may have done well in the parking structure, but Insight No. 2 is that I might well have done even better out on the sidewalk.
Although the parking structure is good to know about in case of rain, excessive wind or noise, or if someone else is already set up on the sidewalk.
When I was done I went to Baraka Market for my yogurt drink and a package of olives, and the guy greeted me, so I'm a regular now. I'd made $49 and was glad to spend some of the many $1's I always end up with.
The bus back was the regular old #22 so it was slower but still got me back to my home Whole Foods pretty fast, and I spent a whole $2, the $2 bill someone had given me, on some broccoli.
No comments:
Post a Comment