I listed 10 things last night, all photo'd and ready to go from the night before. After having some dinner, I got involved in "just trying to find at least some of the next batch of things" which ended up meaning, "Get 20 more things photo ready"
I slept very deeply, then had a weird "frustration dream" about the airport, and getting stuff together, etc.
I woke up feeling sore (my back, mainly) and had a bit of a headache so "breakfast" was coffee and aspirin.
I left here at 4:30 and Lo and behold, was at the Sunnyvale Whole Foods at 6:30 so, a mere 2 hours.
The busking went OK, about the same as yesterday. This time I just wore my fleece jacket which was borderline too warm but it was OK. It was overcast and a bit windy. I played "Long, Long Time" several times both to work on it and also because the Whole Foods employee who wanted to learn trumpet might show up again, I thought.
"Eensty Weentsy Spider" was a big hit with a little kid and his dad, who didn't tip of course. It's a good one to have in my repertoire. I should learn the theme song for TV show "Bluey" but I'm not sure if that has that much of a strong theme song.
I was playing high notes well, so at one point I played the intro and ending music from the 2nd series Astroboy show, great fun but I'll be surprised if I ever run into anyone who recognizes them.
At one point I *did* meet one of the Whole Foods Employees, a Karen type woman who's a manager, who told me exactly where the line runs that divides Whole Foods property from public property, where I can play and she "Can't do anything about that!". Even funnier, she talked while furiously chewing gum. I should have asked if it's nicotine gum, or if she brought enough for the rest of the class, or some snappy remark, but it's much better that I didn't.
A very nice Indian lady came up and with her phone out, puzzled, she asked if I had Zelle or something, and I said I don't, but that some people go into Whole Foods and buy gift cards. I said it could be for $5 or $10, and one time I got one for $50 but that's an awful lot. She went away and I went back to playing and she came back surprisingly soon, and gave me a gift card with $25 on it. "Wow, thanks!" was my reaction, and I said I do a lot of shopping at Whole Foods, which is often cheaper than Safeway. (As if I go into Safeway these days, ha!)
With that, after she'd left feeling good about doing her good deed for the day, I looked at the time and it was time to go. I'd made $40 cash including something like $4 in quarters, and the $25 gift card, making $65.
I was surprised I'd done this well, and played as well as I did, because my throat's been scratchy and before getting on the bus I'd bought some elderberry lozenges from my "home" Whole Foods, and had some on the bus ride.
I walked over to Baraka Market for olives and a yogurt drink, then walked over to the bus stop, and ended up running for the bus because the #522 got there a bit before me.
This meant I got back to my "home" Whole Foods at around 9. The employees were getting ready to close, which they don't do until 10, and this always makes it feel later. There was a guy begging with a sign, very definitely on Whole Foods property but I guess no one was sweating it, as he wasn't being noisy, just holding his sign. I got a couple bags of macadamia nuts because I'll always use them, and a can of their tuna in olive oil which if anything is only about 50c more expensive than Walmart's version. That took care of the gift card.
No comments:
Post a Comment