Thursday, September 24, 2026

Sorry no janitor job here

 I spent the night taking some ugly stuff part and as usual, put the scrap metal out front. I did a practice session too, only because I need all the practice I can get for my weekend sessions. 

I really only had a few things to ship, that could go to the post office so I packed those, and headed out. I had $6 in bills and $5.75 in change with me and I told myself maybe I'd just use my card if I saw something good. 99 Ranch had some coffee on sale that looked worth trying; it was 2 boxes for $5 so I got a couple and some other things, spending about $14. 

I folded up the receipt and put it in the other side of my wallet from where I usually put my money, so I could pull it out when I got back and write down what I'd spent out of my bank account, because I used my card. When I went in there to put it away, what's this? There were two $20's in there. 

On the ride over I'd been thinking, How was I so low on money? I'd made something like $225 on the weekend. I guessed I'd just spent it. I'd also wondered, earlier in the week, what had happened to one $20 bill that had a couple of little tears in it. Spent it, I guessed. 

Well here was the distinctly torn $20 bill, with another one. So that's neat, as I have a trip to Walmart planned for tomorrow. 

I treated myself to boiled peanuts and rode over to H Mart, got my iced coffee, and ate the peanuts sitting in front. No Karen encounters or zombie incidents, just a nice boring day. 

Some time in the morning I'd been awakened by a knock on the door, and it was some Hispanic gal asking about a janitor job? I said no jobs here, try next door. She just got in her car and left so maybe she'd already asked there haha. 

I wonder if people could get used to just using GPS coordinates at their addresses? As I understand it they're just latitude and longitude, but with very high resolution so degrees, minutes, seconds, and whatever they're using for fractions of the angle-seconds. Kind of like how, at Burning Man, everything's set up like a big clock, so you know intuitively where you are or how to get someplace from where you are. I think the city of London uses a system kind of like that too. It might require more numeracy than the average person can handle though. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry no janitor job here

 I spent the night taking some ugly stuff part and as usual, put the scrap metal out front. I did a practice session too, only because I nee...