After doing stuff (packing) last night I got a practice session in.
I remember years ago when I started a practice session, when I was fresh I could play high notes and then once I got a little tired, they were gone and not coming back.
Now, yes I can often play mad high notes when I'm fresh but often I'm having trouble with high notes and keep at it and I get better at them as the practice session continues. I think this is a sign of increasing endurance, built up over years, of muscles that are not normally consciously controlled or coordinated in the ways they are in trumpet playing.
And often I'll have a practice session that kind of goes like shit, but I keep it up and get a good session in, and then the next one I'm playing well.
It's going to be very different when I'm home and trumpet playing, along with receiving my Social Security check, will be my main job.
No comments:
Post a Comment