Saturday, September 12, 2026

Celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers

 ... is what the small-hats were doing yesterday. Their New Year's day, "Rosh Hashana" which is why 9/11 was done on ... 9/11. 

Fortunately more people are waking up to this. 

I photo'd up 20 things but was just too tired to list them, got some practice in which went surprisingly well considered I hadn't practiced all week, and went to bed. 

I woke up a bit before noon, halfway fell back to sleep and woke up again around 2. Sounds like but it's very early on my old schedule. 

I got out of here around 4:15 and was at the Sunnyvale Whole Foods at a quarter after 6. It was really windy. I started out playing out where the wind was, but it took a while to get even a first dollar. I went into the parking garage and it was stuffy, but I made a few more dollars. I tried out in the wind a couple more times but tips were super slow and it was the first time I actually worried about the money being blown out of the tip box so I just went back down into the parking structure and stayed there. 

It turned out kinda OK though. The funniest part was the old guy smiling and praising my playing. I'd been playing "Frank Sinatra" by Cake. When 8:00 rolled around I was ready to quit as it had been kind of wearing. High notes were working well for me though and now I'm a bit better at playing "Frank Sinatra" by Cake. 

I was mostly packed up and was counting the money so I'd have a figure in my head I could write down the the little book I use to keep track of such things, when a fat gal with a couple of other people with her came up with some money in her hand. "You're not playing ...." she said. "Nope! I'm packing up for the day!" was my chipper reply. She pulled the money back and walked away to catch up with her friends, who were likely headed to In-N-Out Burger or maybe Jamba Juice for one of these 1500-calorie health drinks. 

"That's an interesting take on things" I said to her broad back as she retreated. It's certainly a first. Having someone see that I'm done for the day, hand m the tip they've have put in the tip box, isn't unusual. They'd already made the decision to tip me, and it's a matter of, "here's the money I'd have given you earlier except I didn't have change/was in a hurry/wanted to get my shopping done first/etc." I've had people hand me money after I've packed up and was inside the store doing some shopping, myself. So this was kind of comical. 

I had a nice boring bus ride back to my "home" Whole Foods, bought a couple of things, had a nice boring ride back here, and did a count up. I'd made $59, had $1 in my wallet to start out, and amazingly still had $49. The cheese and can of tuna I'd bought at Whole Foods had been $8, and my yogurt drink from Baraka Market had been $3, and sure enough I came home with $49. 

And 72 "Payday" candy bars. I'm not sure what I'll do with at least $100 worth of candy bars, certainly not eat them. I guess I'll donate them here and there. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Windy to less-windy Sunday

 I got out of here a bit after 4. I started in busking at the Sunnyvale Whole Foods at 6:20 so I figured I'd just call it 6:30 and play ...