When 9/11 happened, honestly, my first thought was, Who did we wrong badly enough to impel them to do this thing, and How can be make up for it? That was my initial feeling, before all the rationalizing.
Of course now I know. I know how much "netanyahu" raves about how great it was for "israel", about the dancing Jews celebrating etc.
Jews were and are, overwhelmingly in favor of the US laying waste to innocent people in the Middle East. They love war, as long as we goyim are doing the work.
I stayed up all night last night in an attempt to correct my night-own schedule. I packed things and finished the load of laundry I had soaking, and as the night became morning, I decided to go downtown first, taking the small things with me, and deposit my latest pay check into my bank.
So I took off around 9AM, and first off stopped at Nijiya and got a can of coffee and a bento that had a huge piece of salmon in it. I didn't touch the mound of brown rice, of course.
Then I went to the post office, crossing St. James Park which was covered with Canada geese. I should have saved my brown rice for them. They're such cook birds. I noticed that the ones nearer the post office were eating these huge acorns, apparently. I've seen round acorns and long pointy acorns that were quite bit, but these are amazing - round and huge. That's the kind of thing I'd like to plant around town.
I dropped off the packages and went to the Amazon place where I got one bubble mailer. Better than none.
Then over to the bank to deposit the pay check and the numbers all agreed, theirs and mine, and there's no hold on any of the money so nothing's bounced. Cool.
I went over to Whole Foods too but now I can't recall what for. On the way back from there I stopped in at Good Karma Bikes which wasn't open since they don't open until 11AM. I was 5 minutes early. When they did open, I went in and found a nice Sugoi jacket, a light summer/mild weather type, all yellow of course. That was $11 out the door.
Next I went to Sakura Market and got two bottles of Lipovitan because it's actually cheaper there, it's nice and cold, and I can buy singles. I drank those out front and then went back over to the Amazon place where I got about 5 more mailers.
Then I just rode back here. One thing about being out in the middle of the day is, there's a ton of road work going on, plus the police had various streets closed off.
I got back in here and I had one box that's quite large, but to be sent by the USPS "ground saver" or whatever they call it, since it's going to an Ebay international mailing hub and then to mainland China. The shipping on that thing had been something like $200 and I'd refunded the buyer about $50. I really wanted to get that sent off. Plus I found a few small things the pack that had just sold, might as well get 'em off and away too.
So I dropped those off and rode back here. I stopped at H Mart for some cold black coffee and spicy peanuts. There was a gaggle of Hispanic workers all clustered around by the bike racks so I'd carefully parked my bike there, and then came out with my coffee and peanuts and sat there and enjoyed my stuff while they gabbled away in Spanish. If there's one language that would be easy to learn around here...
I found some bubble wrap on the way back, actually really high quality stuff that just had to have clear tape peeled off of it so that was a nice win.
I got back in here and coffee and Lipovitan regardless, I really, really, wanted to sleep. So I set up my bed and slept from 4-6, woke up to pee, then 6-8. (Not 6-7, kids!)
It's nice that Ken's checks aren't bouncing. My savings are actually at an all time high right now. And ideally I'll have twice as much in the bank when I bail out of here in a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment