Friday, January 21, 2022

Toasty circuit boards.

 264th day sober. I got some Ebay things listed last night and did some practice, which went well. The song "Leaving On A Jet Plane" turned out to be a good one for practicing high notes, playing an octave up from where I used to play it. I also started in on the first etude in the first Getchell-Hovey book.

I'd desoldered a bunch of capacitors off of circuit boards last night and since I didn't care about the boards, was not shy about burning the boards as long as I got the components out. I probably should have opened the door when I did this, because I was awakened by an irritation in my throat and had to cough, and even today I can smell the burnt epoxy smell. 

The delivery came here at 3 and I signed for it. It's a small pallet of stuff which surprised me since the way Ken was talking it up I expected something big.  Ken came by an hour and a half later while I was busy packing things, so I didn't interfere with Ken much as he unpacked the stuff and decided what to keep here and what to keep elsewhere. I noticed the wind was kicking up and those nasty fuzzy little seeds were around and now I think that's what got in my throat. Those things really get to me. 

Once Ken was done I kept packing, and got the two large things I wanted to get done, done, plus did a bunch of smaller ones and took off for the post office at the usual time. It all went without a hitch and I stopped by the fish place for fish and chips, and even though it took about half an hour for me to cover all my places I look for packing materials and to get back here, the fish and chips were really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...