Monday, January 10, 2022

The last hurrah of aviation

 253rd day sober. Up at about 11:30 which is not bad considering that after listing 10 Ebay things and doing some practice, I didn't go to bed until something like 6. 

It's clear and cold, getting down to the upper 30s overnight. In past winters I just drank the cold away and it works for whole countries like Russia but it requires accepting all the horrible effects of alcohol and dying in your 50s. 

I got out the two aviation "magazines" (on newsprint) I'd picked up at the airport and read them. I think I'm seeing the last hurrah of the airplane hobby. Once the old Boomers and last of the Silents are gone so will be the money for hobby airplanes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...