Thursday, January 20, 2022

Russia invades Russia, Israel invades Israel

 263rd day sober. Ken came by last night and I got my check, and we did the usual tea and talk. It's amazing but he seems really aware of how shitty things have become for anyone not in the top 10%. 

I got a bunch of things ready to list and took apart a large instrument that I did a search on and no one's even heard of one plus it had tons of loose parts rattling around inside so that made it fair game. 

By that time, it was about 5AM so I did some practice and went to bed around 7. The practice went kinda "meh" and so I can't just do lip buzzing and expect miracles. It's just another tool.

 I woke up today around 2. On the radio they're going on about the latest horrors. Not only is Russia threatening to invade ... Russia, a district called the Ukraine, in which the US has installed a neo-Nazi regime which naturally it would want to keep there. But also Israel is being called out for doing awful things like housing Jews in ... Israel. Why, they're trying to "Turn 'Palestine' into Israel" - Hello, 1948 anyone? Then they had a nice interview with a "Palestinian" terrorist without any accompanying interview with anyone from the Israeli side. 

I got out of here at the usual time, stopped at the three usual little libraries and found some books including some music books, and dropped off packages of Datrex at each one. Then over to the bank and deposited my check, and since I'd decided I didn't want to deal with weekday traffic going to Music Village, merely went up the street to Recycle Book Store. There I found the two Getchell-Hovey etude books I was hoping to find, and the $10 I had in credit covered them. 

Then I just circled around to the Amazon place for bubble mailers, and on the way home hit Nijiya for food including a nice sushi plate, and Tak Market for near-beer and just ate and drank near-beer and pretended the weekend is starting which it's really not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...