Thursday, January 6, 2022

A new bash the fash day?

 249th day sober. Ken came by last night, I got my check, the usual thing. As he left around midnight, I got ready for bed and got some practice in. 

I woke up today at 11 which is right considering I went to bed at almost 3. 

Today's January 6th, the day we almost lost our country. This should be a day the fascists are running scared, one when fascists are beaten up and a few strung up. 

Here's why a whole section of Bayshore by Queen's Lane was shut down last night: https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/05/san-jose-bicyclist-killed-in-hit-and-run/amp/ The problem is that all sorts of cyclists pass by there including myself. There are tons of zombies on their zombikes, Joe Blow Commuter passes through, etc. Chances are about 98% it was a scumsucker, addled on drugs, no lights on his bike, wearing all black. I'm a lot more visible and I always tuck in behind vehicles making that left turn out of Queen's because  I assume they're too busy watching for an opening to see me. So I do this little hook around behind 'em. 

I headed for downtown at 2, and stopped first at Lee's where I got a little rice dish for $3.50 and ate that at the college. The place was nearly abandoned. Next I went to the bank and deposited my pay check, and that worked out OK. 

I went to the used book store and got trade credit for some books - $10 which is more than I thought I'd get. There are a lot of trumpet books there right now but not any I'm interested in. There was a guy in the back of the shop where the music books used to be, who'd fallen out of his wheelchair and I finally convinced to let me help him, he'd apparently fallen afoul of one of the various booby traps set up back there. I told him how I'd had a cart of books fall on me and mess up my knee, and in this case he'd had stacks of books make him tip over somehow. 

Eventually, once I'd taken the books piled all around away, he said if I could set his chair upright he could take care of the rest. I think he felt really embarrassed and may have been in some pain also, as he had to rest quite a bit. 

I stocked up on some things at Whole Foods, stopped at the Amazon place for bubble mailers and something I'd ordered, stopped at Nijiya for a plate lunch, and got back here. It was cold and I felt like I was riding into a rain cloud coming back. That's a reason right there why I'm not out busking. It's just too cold even in the middle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...