Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Dancing around with Russia

 268th day sober. After listing stuff last night I felt so tired the last thing I wanted to do was wrestle with my still-soaking laundry and I really felt like going right to bed, but I practiced first. The high notes were less elusive and I noticed I was falling into a lazy habit of going to a high note but not being able to hold it as a long tone so I worked on that a lot and will hopefully continue to do so. I also worked on "What A Wonderful World" in a higher key than I'd played it in the past, and those first two etudes in the Getchell book. 

I need to prepare to get out busking again, but since I started to feel burned out on it before, I need to learn to pace my playing, and need to learn tons of new repertoire. I also need to find more places to play.

On the radio there's lots of talk about the Ukraine situation. The trouble is, the current regime there is one installed by the US in 2014, that's Fascist, even neo-Nazi. Plus the US is breaking promises to Russia that ex-USSR regions or countries would not join NATO. So, the US-installed neo-Nazis are asking for more, more, and more again, US weapons. If I were Putin I'd see it was a continuance of WWII with the US on the Nazis' side. 

So there's talk of "sanctions" and so on, and the US does not realize that the Russians will happily go on half-rations to fight Fascism. There's a reason WWII is called there, the Great Patriotic War. The US is entirely tone-deaf to this. 

I packed large things to go to FedEx and those made up a nice large load in of themselves. I took them up with no problems and got some packing stuff on the way back. I also got some chicken from the "Krispy" place so when I got back here I ate that. 

Then it was the usual night, futzing around and finding things to list and listing them. I took apart a high voltage power supply or what was left of one, that I noticed was on the shelf "as-is" and thought "No one's gonna buy thus gutted thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...