Monday, January 24, 2022

A funny meet-up.

 267th day sober.  Besides listing Ebay stuff, I got some practice in and for some reason the high notes were elusive. Maybe I was tired, I'm not sure. I put a fair amount of work into the first two etudes in the Getchell book too. 

I woke up at 2:30 and after breakfast and vitamins I got busy packing things. I got 12 packed, and headed out the usual time. The post office was no problem, and neither was FedEx. On the way out, I was looking for boxes and found two large bags of three large loaves of French bread each, behind Togo's. I took one bag with the thought I'd give it to Ken, who was supposed to come by tonight and drop off something that had sold, that he needed to bring over. 

I decided to get a burger at 5 Guys and ate there, because I figured it would save time over cooking at home and at worst the shop would smell like burger breath, which Ken would not mind. 

After that I needed to go to the storage unit to pick up some things to list, and decided the bread's in the way so I'd give it to Tom instead. He was there at his place, and we hung out and talked for a while. He's cleaned his place up quite a bit and wants to turn it into some kind of a workshop. He appreciated the stuff I'd brought by last week and showed me his fridge full of stuff. He had lots of potatoes and I said, "Potato salad!" and that struck him as a great idea.

As I was getting ready to leave, Ken came by. He said he'd seen my bike, so he came right over but it still didn't make sense. It made more sense when he said he was leaving the storage place and had turned in to "make a dog-leg" and turn around somehow. He and Tom hadn't ever actually met, so I introduced them and Ken got a tour of Tom's place which of course is our old place, and we talked about electronics surplus and stuff, and then Ken and I really did have to go, so Ken took off and I talked a little more with Tom and then took off - across the street. 

I went into the one storage unit (Ken's got two or three) that I always carry a key to and picked out things to list, and was really glad I'd gone ahead and eaten at 5 Guys, and also that I'd turned down the offer of coffee at Tom's because their bathroom was locked. 

I took off out of there and checked for packing stuff, finding some of those long boxes fluorescent light tubes come in and that I use to ship those long tubes of IC's in. They looked funny sticking way out of the back of the bike trailer. 

Meanwhile on the radio they're saying that good old Biden is sending US troops to a part of Russia called the Ukraine, that's in danger of being invaded by ... Russia. If it were me, I'd start studying the Russian language like crazy because hopefully it would involve more hanging out and less shooting at each other. 

While out riding today I thought, How funny that I started this blog just before the covid craziness started. I'd named it and themed it about how much of a disappointment life in the US has come to be, compared to how we were told it would be. Now, well, the process is greatly accelerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...