Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Lama Tova

 261st day sober. I got a lot of things put away that were piling up in the office and really bugging me, got out 20+ things (closer to 30) to pack and ship, and got these pulse generators Ken wants listed all cleaned up and put nice tags on them. 

I also did a bit more of the lip buzzing and note my endurance at that is increasing. Many wonder how Louis Armstrong got his distinct sound, and I wonder if, besides desire to do well and just plain genius, it was also that he was very fit from loading/unloading coal from a coal cart when he was young he have had a much greater level of fitness than the average trumpet player and in the short film "Rhapsody in Black And Blue" you can see the guy had some "abs". But also I wonder if he knew about the lip buzzing thing too because while tons of work would still need doing on the horn, this seems really good for building up strength and endurance. 

I'm nosing around on the internet and I found an organization called "Lama Tova" which means "Why a hat?" that's a street musician organization in Israel. They get musicians into public service things like playing in hospitals, and also probably stand up for musicians' rights. Needless to say there is nothing like this in the US. Their logo is pretty neat in that it's got a trumpet in it - take that all you guitarists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...