Friday, January 14, 2022

America's Dachau

 257th day sober. I felt too tired and headache-y to practice last night. When I woke up my resting heart rate was way too fast so I don't know what's going on but I'd better cut back on the usual culprits like salt and caffeine. 

On the radio they're talking about Guantanamo and plans for it. The Trump regime, they said, wanted to build barracks for 100 guards - that means at least 1000 prisoners, I thought. I was able to find this online: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/06/08/us-military-plans-as-if-guantanamo-wont-close-for-decades/

 Who would go in there? I assume it would be Democrats and leftists in general they wanted to torture, in other words the left-overs from their planned mass killing of Democrats, leftists, and non-whites. And Guantanamo, like Dachau, would be a "boutique" camp, while mass-killing camps with the usual array of ovens and mass graves and all that would be in places like Nevada and New Mexico and Texas, central locations easy to ship people to and where land is cheap, as well as the local populace very much "for" such things. 

In any case, the process is on hold until, many assume, 2024 when things get "spicy". 

Monday's a federal holiday, so I packed all the small things, leaving three large things that can go by FedEx on Saturday or Sunday. I got out of here at the usual time, and noticed the bums had left a big pile of high-tech stuff by the side of the building. I checked the stuff out and everything had been dropped, probably stomped on, dropped again, run over, etc. Nothing was usable at all. 

As I rode out along Shoreline, I had to pass some zombie RVs and of course there were zombies fighting in there, "motherfucker" this and that. 

At the post office the chute was jammed and the guy who normally takes care of it was not there so after waiting with some other people for a while and being told to just put things at the middle "teller" window, I did that and got out of there. Now I know why I've been avoiding the post office on Fridays. Maybe if I came by earlier, or if I had the stuff packed in time I could have gone to the one downtown and done downtown stuff. 

At least once that fiasco was done with, I was able to do a little shopping at H Mart. All I got was a sleeve of garlic, some beef flanken ribs, a can of Mr. Brown and some "pepero" chocolate filled crackers for a treat. 

On the way back I noticed one really good large box and a bunch of flat boxes at the Sanmina place, and a stack of large sheets of "illustration board" so I took those. I got back here, unloaded stuff, hitched up the bike trailer, and rode up to BurgerIM to try their burger. It's ... OK. Then I went over to Sanmina again and got the large box and looked for what I thought might be a bunch of packing foam but there was only one large sheet of it and a strip and that was it. Oh, well. I don't remember businesses slowing down this much last winter, but then I was a drinker then so maybe they did and I just don't remember. 

I rode back with the box, having to pass the zombie RVs again and thought I heard a sound like a zombie moving around, accelerated a bit and zoom! - a zombie on a bike went past me coming the other way. I am *not* fond of the undead, and doubly so when they're lurking and sneaking around at night. 

I got back here, put things away, and cut up and measured out the beef for freezing - it worked out to 4 servings at $6 a serving. I used to get beef that worked out to $3 a serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting days mixed up.

 I was right in the middle of taking a bunch of illuminators apart when I heard Ken's truck pull up. I'd called him to say Let's...