Thursday, October 10, 2024

Not sure if I'll get to vote

 I got 10 things listed, packed 5, had the place all cleaned up and had my "burger in a bowl" for dinner when Ken came by. I got my paycheck - good. What I didn't get was any kind of election materials. Ken said a big package for everyone in the household came, and I said I don't even need the voter guide, I can find that online, but what I need is my ballot. 

So hopefully if there's a ballot for me at the house, Ken will bring it by next week. In any case, I checked my voter status and it said I"m not a regular mail-in voter so I registered to vote again. I'm before the deadline to register, and I really don't know what's going in. 

Ken said if nothing else, he'll come pick me up on election day and we can both vote in person, and that might be a plan. What would take me hours on the bus would take about 15 minutes getting a ride with him. 

I hate to think there's some Republican Party dirty tricks going on around here, but I can't eliminate the possibility. I had to cast a provisional ballot in 2020, and it took hours getting to and from the polling place. The actual voting took something like 15 minutes. 

Ken likes to impose his night owl schedule on everyone else so he didn't leave here until a bit past midnight and he'd brought over a huge pile of boxes I had to put away in some organized fashion so that ate up another hour. 

And I want to get up at 9 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Sukkot, cyka sucka

 I woke up at noon or a bit before, turned on the radio, and a nice thing: The Israel Decolonization Force has killed Sinwar. He ded. It'...