Monday, October 7, 2024

A day to stay in

 A day to stay in, by my plan. October 7th. It turns out there's a sort of march and assembly by a number of Jewish temples including my own, but I swear they probably only put it on the web site late last night or this morning. Not enough time to plan. I have to work. 

More horribleness in the news. Dumpo's going full Nazi, immigrants have "bad genes" etc. Someone on Reddit said this isn't helping him win as much as he thinks it does. His idiotic base will still vote for him, but it's galvanizing sane people to get out and vote. 

I haven't gotten my ballot in the mail yet. It'll come to Ken's house then Ken will bring it to me. If I don't get it, I'll have to mentally give Ken even more of  a side-eye than I already do, and spend hours on the bus to go to my official polling place, basically around the corner from Ken's house. Or I could ride my bike there, since it's essentially riding my bike to Ken's house which I've long felt like doing just to see how difficult it is. 

About this side-eye: Ken and his family are Catholics. So they're a lot less crazy than other Christians but all the same, any family gathering at Ken's house with his sons and daughter and everyone's had a little wine, isn't complete without rants about "The Rothschilds" and so on. It's their daughter primarily who goes on these Nazi rants, but the rest of 'em just nod and smile. And yeah their daughter is an idiot because she's off by a century or so, her generation is supposed to rant about George Soros. 

I don't mistake a relationship where I'm housed and paid because I'm useful to them, for actual friendship. If I'm not able to work here, I'll be out on the street in no time and I know it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Sukkot, cyka sucka

 I woke up at noon or a bit before, turned on the radio, and a nice thing: The Israel Decolonization Force has killed Sinwar. He ded. It'...