Saturday, July 20, 2024

Saturday night

 Well, Friday went well. I took things to the post office, had a slice of pizza and a beer at Whole Foods, and got over to the temple at just the right time. People were confused because the aim is to hold the service outdoors, but it keeps being too hot so we move indoors. We sang our cowboy songs and all that, and we sang the jazzy L'Cha Dodi which is my favorite one. 

The old doctor who's so cool didn't come this time; someone said he's only an occasional visitor. If I had a car I'd be willing to take him but of course I don't. He just takes Uber. But hell, he's a retired doctor, it's not like he doesn't have the money. In any case I now know the Hebrew words for right and left but he wasn't there for me to show him. 

I did one other important (to me) thing though. I got not only one, but two, etrogs from the etrog tree. The rabbi himself picked them using this harvesting tool, and we had great fun (he was looking for too-old ones to get rid of). He said they'll be disappointing when I cut them open, but I think with two of them I'll be fine for what I want to do. 

What I want to do: Make Crepes Suzette but with etrog instead of orange.  This will take my buying some milk, a can of whipped cream, and either some lemon-themed liquor or at least a little vodka.

I hung out with the cop a bit and we talked about books and things. I really need to find out the guy's name as "the cop" is kind of impersonal. 

I rode over to Whole Foods for some shopping and then home. I had my beef kebabs I'd cooked ahead of time and put in the fridge, and it was tasty. As good as roast beef I don't know, but roast beef is 2X as expensive when you can get it in this town. And I had wine, plenty of wine. 

I woke up this morning thanks to my neighbors and their wonderful pressure washer.  I haven't heard back from Pat2 about the condition of Pat1.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...