Friday, July 19, 2024

More worried about big island friend

 Well, I've not heard from Pat, and I even emailed Dave in Honolulu and he's not heard from Pat for a while either. So I just told Pat2 that it's time to walk over and check. 

That's not much I can or will do other than nudge like this from afar. I've not gone to a funeral yet and am not about to start although these days I could afford it. Pat would rather see me buy myself a really nice trumpet. 

I had the weirdest dream last night. I'd acquired somehow a cornet that was antique and weird in a cool way and had a cover that snapped on over the mouthpiece. Kinda cool. Coolest thing about it is that I could play tons of stuff without using the valve buttons at all. Because it was a dream and in dreams things work weirdly. 

Honestly, I'd been searching a lot on cornets before bed. Starving Musician has one, a Yamaha student model that checks all the boxes in that it's the short, shepherd's crook, design and has convention spit valves (I hate the Amado ones). However that model is at least 20 years old, and I'd want to go check it out without any high hopes. They also want $650 for it. With local tax, that would cost me the same as the Schagerl "academica" one Austin Custom Brass sells, new. 

And the Schagerl is *pretty* haha.  A coppery, Christmas-y horn. It'd pay for itself in the month of December.

And ... there's some kind of global IT outage going on as I type. Because of course. The radio's full of delusions, the Democrats are still calling for Biden to step down when they don't have any good replacement waiting in the wings, people are assuming they can bargain with Hamas as if it's a nation-state rather than a loosely organized terrorist organization, and there are people actually saying they can get Donnie Diapers to talk about climate change. I mean, if Putin tells him to bring it up, sure. But it's central to the Right to deny that global warming is a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dancing and shofars, what's not to like?

 I wanted to wake up at 9. I actually woke up at ... noon. Luckily I had things pretty much singled out to list, and got 10 things ready and...