Monday, July 1, 2024

A willing suspension of disbelief

 I woke up around 8:30 then went back to sleep until 10:30 then got up. I made the mistake of turning the radio on as I always do, and it's nothing but the Jews control everything, Jews can't go to the "West Bank" - actually called Judea, etc. Tons on the evil of the Jews. 

It's NPR so they're dressing it up in grown-up language but the underlying message is clear and the callers to the show are happy to weigh in. On NPR, at least in its present state, one won't hear about Jews having horns or using the blood of Christian babies in their matzo (need I mention again that the eating of blood is really, really, abhorrent in Judaism) but they'll find plenty of ways to say "We're all in dire danger due to da Jooz" in language suitable for college graduates. 

When do we come to the voluntary suspension of belief? In 1930s Germany, there were plenty of Germans who could not get themselves to believe that their Jewish neighbors, their Jewish war buddies, actually had horns or ate blood-matzo or controlled the banks. But there came a time when the message was pounded out that these things were true, on the radio and in the newspapers, in jokes going around, etc., that at some point Mr. Normal German willingly decided to go along. It was far more profitable, as anti-Nazi Germans were some of the first to go into the first camps, and besides, if you decided you believed these things, you stood a good chance of getting your Jewish neighbor's house, or his business. 

When you've got every media channel from NPR, using college-graduate language, to crude jokesters on YouTube (YouTube loves fascists) drumming this message, it's only a matter of time. If the orange embarrassment wins the election, we can expect a lot of vicious rhetoric against anyone who's not "Aryan" and this will include Jews of course and perhaps Jews will be particularly railed against and laws made to oppress because Jews would be considered "more dangerous" because of their being an educated group. 

"Brown people" will of course have their own death camps in their future, but a fascist US government might find them very useful as shock troops before liquidating them. There's an unsettling level of support for Dirty Diapers Don among Hispanic people, who think by going fascist they're at least better than the blacks. I've actually met, far in the past, brown Nazis and they're very much a thing. 

I fired up the computer and that was even worse - apparently we've undergone a voluntary suspension of the Constitution. Presidents now have total immunity for any "official act" which probably includes treason and insurrection as long as the president wears a suit and tie. So, the sensible thing to do would be to have Biden call up Seal Team Six and have them "retire" Dumpo and his cronies. 

Paradoxically, Biden, now given the powers of a Ferdinand Marcos or even Idi Amin, should now use that power to decapitate MAGA with extreme prejudice. Go all General Sherman on them. But since Biden is normal and a nice guy, of course he won't do this, the one thing that would lead to, by far, the least death and misery. 

Hitler said himself that the only way to stop the Nazis would have been to apply extreme force, early, and with no compunctions. That's how you solve the problem of an actual internal enemy. The Germans should have rounded up everyone who participated in the Munich putsch attempt, and lined them up against the wall. But the Germans were already divided between Nazi sympathizers and normal people who quailed at the idea of being that expeditious and "mean". 

This is a problem in Israel also. Israel had the right spirit around the founding as a modern country. They didn't keep up that spirit and look at all the trouble they're in now. "Gaza" should never have been allowed to exist. Judea should have been settled heavily and the settlers armed more heavily, given free training, etc. Now the only politician they have with the old spirit is Netanyahu. 

I need to study Bibi more, because right now I like him. He's willing to get in there and remove Arabs, most often feet first, the best way. I know he and his brother served bravely in the raid on Entebbe. I don't understand what's not to like. So I need to study him and hard, because a lot of people don't like him and either they're onto something that I should know about, or I need to learn how to refute their arguments. 

I got 20 things ready to list, even taking a test instrument apart, so I can just clean the things photo them, and list. Then I went on to shipping and shipped out 13 or so things, a mix of small to kind of big. I was going to hang out at Tom's but he wasn't there when I went by, then was there when I next went by, then I went and collected some packing stuff and went back and he was out again. He'd asked me in an email about the place downtown I buy computers from, and I told him where it was with a Google map link and said I've been happy with them so far. If his wife is now out of work and living with him, she might want her own computer or one of his might have broken down. 

All day I've been working out how to do my listing, do my shipping, and also fit in a trip to the used book store to get cash for the latest batch of books and over to Target to return the duplicate Oxo corkscrew I'd bought. I finally realized I can take care of everything just fine if I just stick to my plan and don't spend any money until my next pay check. 

But it actually gets a bit more lenient. Because I have the $60 cash here and I can allow myself to spend some of it starting on Thursday, as long as I just take out $140 on Friday which is the soonest I'll be able to deposit my pay check. That's all right - it means I can go take part in the Red White and Blue parade on Thursday morning/midday, then come back and do some Ebay stuff and do at least basic Shabbat shopping. 

This means I don't have to worry about busking at all which I probably won't feel like doing in the 100-degree heat after being in the parade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

$21 day busking

 I ended up staying up all night pretty much, until 4AM at least. I also drank 1 bottle of cheap wine and got into my good Friday night wine...