Thursday, May 30, 2024

May 30

 Somehow I packed a lot of things last night, was up through the night until something like 10AM, then tried to get some sleep. No alcohol in the house, thank goodness. I woke up at 1PM. Weird. 

I packed something like 30 things in total, and while  I was out taking them to the post office and FedEx, Ken called and said he didn't feel well and didn't thing it was good to come by. I said no problem, although when he comes by next week, he'll have to write a check for something like $1400. (three $400 pay checks plus $200 for a bunch of knives and multi-tools I sold him). 

My first stop had been at a lunch truck that parks on Brokaw from about 1:30 to 2:30. I got a chicken skewer from her and that thing was a meal in itself. I had to force myself to finish it, since I'd already had two fried eggs around lunch time. I owe her a dollar. 

After taking the packages to FedEx and the post office, I found shipping supplies and a cool rack shelf something or other thing to put on Ebay. It was hot as hell out there and we're not even out of the month of May. 

I  got back here and put things away, gave out my 30 positive feedbacks on Ebay, and pretty soon was on the road again to go to Nijiya for some groceries. I wondered about my nervous, slightly twitchy feeling and went back into Nijiya for a "One Cup" cup of sake. I went over to the old hospital to drink it and evaluate the results (slightly calmer I think?) and put the noodles from the 5-pack of miso ramen I'd bought in Nijya and a bag of those little foil-wrapped chocolate bottles that purport to be "Cointreau" and "Sobieski Vodka". I'd tried one and Meh. 

I found more books than I expected on the way back, just from the Japantown little free library and one on 4th that's usually full of utter tripe. 

The news on the radio has been more interesting than usual and we all know that now, that's not a good thing. Low-Budget Orange sHitler is following the Hitler program line by line. Everything from turning court appearances into stump speeches to using populism to make his followers feel that "We're all in this together". He's been judged guilty of something like 35 felonies. Rightly, he'd be put away for a long time. Rightly, he'd be shot. But I don't know what's going to happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachau II

 https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/1do69fi/san_antonio_us_rep_chip_roy_says_he_wants_to/ Keep in mind that Dachau, the first concen...