Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday shofar, so good

 I got back here and had time to list the things I'd photo'd, then eat the 2 for 1 beef rib and rice bentos I'd bought at H Mart. I even found I had time to "process" the fish and meat I'd bought, by which I mean portioning it out and putting in the freezer in little bags marked with the date. And time to pack a few small things to take with me to the downtown post office. 

I was packing the last one when Ken showed up with a few things to list, my paycheck, and of course we talked a while. I mentioned getting to bed earlier these days so he left around 11:30. 

Now it was time to get to bed but somehow that didn't happen as early as hoped, and I was up until around 2. I drank wine and watched an hour of War And Remembrance, and hit the sack. 

My alarm clock woke me up at 9 of course, and I got up and turned on the light and lay back down to "rest" and there went another hour. 

Because Ken had delayed coming over by a day, he had my package from the music store in the Midwest - my "new" shofar. It's a bit longer than the one I had, a lot prettier, and for some reason the fundamental note is actually higher. It plays a bit better, easier to jump to the next partial. In the end it's $185 vs. the $40 I paid for the first one, and I guess that's the tradeoff. Now I can give the $40 one to the guy who also plays trumpet, who is apparently on a very short string, financially. 

In other news it was hot as blazes yesterday, and now, at noon, it's 78 degrees already. When I got back in yesterday from downtown I dug out my safety orange ball cap, and I'm gonna be wearing that puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachau II

 https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/1do69fi/san_antonio_us_rep_chip_roy_says_he_wants_to/ Keep in mind that Dachau, the first concen...