Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Underground Railroad here we come

 I practiced a bit last night and went to bed, drank too much wine but maybe not as bad as the night before. 

I woke up around 3, turned on the radio and Oh what wonderful news for this wonderful country... it seems Arizona has a law still on the books from 1865, banning abortion completely. Because the law's still on the books and the AZ supreme court is a bunch of Nazis, they're giving the law precedence over the later, more liberal, law. 

So the people fleeing Texas for maternal care won't be able to flee to Arizona, they'll have to "go further" as they said on the radio, but what's really meant is they'll have to get here to California. Which is all well and fine. The smarter ones will want to come here, and the dumb ones, willing to die in a backyard shed because they're having a miscarriage, will stay. 

But what happens when our Nazi states start prohibiting travel for anyone who's pregnant or suspected to be so? Perhaps greatly restricting travel out of the state for women aged 10-60? When Roe v. Wade was overturned, there was talk of having to set up "underground railroads" to help people escape and that talk's died down a bit but meanwhile the Nazis have continued their slow, steady, roll. 

It need be noted that what our Nazis are setting up is far more restrictive than the Old Testament, than Sharia law, ultra-Orthodox Judaism, etc. The only thing comparable might be ancient Sparta when they were at their craziest, or the Nazis 1.0 in the case of Polish, etc. women who were only expected to give birth to lots of expendable workers and were expendable themselves. Women as property, as livestock, that if they are not producing enough more livestock, they are "weak" and don't deserve to live. Our Nazis 2.0 will bring in Mormon-style polygamy if they get their way because as one wife is worn out and past childbearing age, an affluent Nazi will be able to take more on. 

Where else in our history were some categories of people, legally, property? Let me think... 

I packed 11 things all medium-large to go to FedEx, and got out of here to take them there. I was able to pick up a cooked fish from the hot case in H Mart and a package of ramen and after following my usual route to pick up some packing materials, I got back here and made some fish ramen with a cucumber for dessert. 

On my way back I'd gone through a little business park because I often find sign vinyl I can use in the sign shop's dumpster, and find other things around there. So I do my thing, nothing from the sign shop tonight, went around, and there was a zombess staggering along, yelling into a cell phone in that trailer-park dialect they use. Perfect, I thought, I'll be done looking in this one dumpster that often has computer stuff just before she gets to me. It worked out that way, I was leaving just as the angry zombess got to where I was, squawking away. 

As I left her in my dust, so to say, I passed another zombie, with a bike so piled and stacked with stuff ... it was like those pictures you see in National Geographic of someone in some remote part of the world, gathering sticks for firewood and they've constructed essentially a big fuzzy ball of sticks. Except this was all kinds of crap, with a bike in the middle. This zombie was not moving fast at all with its creation, and I went to the veggie dumpster, which had bell peppers and lettuce and stuff but nothing I was that interested in, and sure enough, as I left here came Mr. Ball-O-Crap Zombie, mumbling, probably ticked off it couldn't catch up to me to ask for a smoke/$10,000/a bike seat/George Soros' phone number/whatever inane thing this particular zombie would be sure was desperately needed. Zoom! I was gone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The little alarm clock works

 I went to bed at 1AM, after watching YouTube and drinking wine, plus snacking on things like a matzah with butter and some nuts. At least I...