Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Paying for flour...

 Heard on the radio yesterday: "Palestinian" woman talking about paying $10 a pound for flour. Why in hell is she paying anything at all for flour? If the "Gazans" were Jews, they'd have set up a program to make sure everyone got what they needed. But they're not; they're essentially Americans, "Fuck you I've got mine" and Hamas, being a terrorist organization not a government, is taking the aid and selling it to desperate housewives who have to come up with $10 for a pound of flour. 

The same goes for the starving children. There *are* starving children but it's because Hamas dictates that if some children die of starvation it makes for good propaganda. "Palestinian" parents raise their children to be suicide bombers, so in either case the child dies a martyr and gets their 72 virgins or whatever it is. The "West" does not understand these Dark Ages people. The Israelis, sadly, do. I hope they fuckin' level "Gaza" and it becomes a nice, beachy, resort area. 

I practiced a bit last night and am wondering if I should go busking after the bank etc. tomorrow because the weekend's going to be rained out. 

I woke up in time to pack the things that had to go out, exercise, have my cup of coffee and nuts, and get out of here on time. After the post office I went to 99 Ranch and got a couple of tea eggs and a bottle of black coffee that's 69c on sale. I ate at the little table out front, and listened to a couple of gals just gossip the hell out of everyone at their workplace. I wonder if they were post office workers; I've heard the post office can be bad that way. 

After eating I rode to 99 Ranch and got a couple small fried flounder and an onion and that only cost me about $4.50. I sat at the bench that's there to eat the fish. For some reason, corvina/croaker is really popular with the Koreans, but flounder's a lot nicer. I used to step on them all the time when I was a kid, and it was funny how they'd slip out from under my foot like a slippery bar of soap. Now  I get to eat them. 

I picked up some nice packing stuff and was still in the process of putting it away when Ken showed up. He almost always brings a burger or two and fries, or a sandwich or something, because he stops somewhere between his work and here. Sometimes I get a burger but most of the time it's just that he needs to eat. I cleaned the bathroom - which really needed it - while he ate. 

I got my check and we talked about all kinds of things. He wants to buy a building now. I got some mail and the book 1 of "Z'man Likro" I'd ordered from Behrman House. 

I don't think Ken ought to be buying a building. He's 14 years older than I am and even I'm looking at how I can "gear down" and simplify and do less. Fortunately he only had a budget of say $700k and I don't think that's going to get him anything around here. He should be looking at the situation with his house, which is 2-storey and his wife can barely handle the stairs any more. He needs to install an elevator or sell the place and buy a house that's single story and probably ADA-compliant. 

I told Ken about the crazy antisemitism lately and most startlingly, from the Left. Showed him a bunch of stuff on Reddit. He agrees with me. I told him about the Aaron Bushnell incident, how in Normal World(tm) there would be a dismissal of him as mentally disturbed, and how there would be an outpouring of support for Israel after October 7th. What actually happened surprised the hell out of me and Ken said he also, and I said on Reddit I'm seeing people who were the same as me. Associated with the Left and have been astonished to learn of the sheer amount of antisemitism and how I've learned it was all, the "Not anti Semitic, anti-Zionist" line that came right from the USSR. The Left swallowed it whole. 

I said this is why I'm planning to stick around here a couple more years, that "Just like if you become a Catholic you have to take catechism classes, don't you?" and that it takes a couple years and that my Friday nights will be booked up. Bushnell was the final straw. "If they want to fight them, they'll have to fight me, too", I said. 

Ken took off 2 hours earlier than usual since he'd gotten here 2 hours earlier than usual, so because I'm easily amused I packed the dozen things that had sold, then moved a bunch of stuff around and found one box was empty, tossed out some things, and took apart a big old high voltage power supply so I have a lot of parts to list tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Up just before nine

 This is working out well. I had the alarm set for nine, but woke up about a quarter til. And this little alarm clock isn't even a big n...