Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Great Guns!

 I got in last night, got things ready to list today, and had wine and cheese and went to bed. 

I had the weirdest dream, it was something like, this whole crowd of people I was associated with had gone gun-crazy. People in general were suddenly interested in getting guns so the market had responded by coming up with all kinds of "user friendly" guns that these people had little to no idea how to operate properly. 

The guns were like, the way hardware stores are filled with power tools that have fancy-designed rubber grips with fluorescent color details, but are all pretty much the same drill etc. I even said to the people in the dream that "These are about as interesting to me as a power drill - boring!" as I was trying to get people to understand the concept of clearing the chamber before you consider a gun to be unloaded etc. 

If there's any meaning to it, it's that while I used to be kind of gun-crazy myself, to me, now, they're just tools. And for some reason I may have to instruct a lot of people in the handling and use of guns. 

R.I.P. Cecil Williams of Glide Memorial Church has just died. He wasn't an "American Christian" he was a real one. He was helping out AIDS victims from the beginning, when they were pariahs. But even before that, when the cops were raiding gay bars, Glide was the one church/refuge they could go to. A true holy man. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The little alarm clock works

 I went to bed at 1AM, after watching YouTube and drinking wine, plus snacking on things like a matzah with butter and some nuts. At least I...