Monday, April 1, 2024

Hotels

 I woke up around 2 in the afternoon, maybe closer to 3. Had coffee & nuts, and packed two things that were large but not so large as to need the trailer. 

I took off at the usual time, handed the things off to FedEx, and walked over to Ross where I didn't find anything I wanted, and Sprouts where I got a box of "Hidden Stache" wine and a couple of huge avocados. 

I walked back to H Mart where I got a cucumber and a baked mackerel which, it being now after 7PM, only cost me about $2. 

Next was Lowe's where I got a gallon of Windex.

I stopped in at Tom's. We talked a bit and then I said I'd drink a beer with him so he got beers out for us and things got more relaxed. We ended up talking about all the hotels we've been in. I never thought about it but I've been in a lot of hotels! We talked about the worst ones because that's a lot more interesting so I never got around to the rather nice ones in Japan and Korea and Germany and Spain, or even the one in Cuba which was kind of interesting. 

One beer turned into two (as Tom drank about 4) and Tom's wife was puttering around inside his place so I guess she was over to visit. Tom and I had a good old time and some laughs, and that 2nd beer really started to hit bottom, so I got out of there and back to here. 

I had fish and cucumber for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Up just before nine

 This is working out well. I had the alarm set for nine, but woke up about a quarter til. And this little alarm clock isn't even a big n...