Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Packing all night

 Last night I, well, packed things all night. I was behind on shipping and since tomorrow (Thursday) is supposed to be rainy, I wanted to get everything out. So I spent the entire night doing that, and getting over feeling awful due to having drunk too much wine the night before. 

I woke up in time to ... pack a couple more things. One thing was paid for and packed and labeled minutes later, 10 minutes before I went out the door. 

It was a big load on the bike, with bags hanging off the handlebars holding all the things in bubble mailers, and all the boxes on the trailer. 

I did the post office first, then went to 99 Ranch for a couple of tea eggs and a bottle of their 69c on sale black coffee. Normally I'd eat the eggs at one of the little tables outside but it really looked like it was going to rain so I got going down to H Mart and shopped in there, lollygagging enough to make it a few minutes after 7 when I paid so the Korean fried chicken I got was 1/2 price. 

This was all stashed away in the bike bags and I did my usual route, if a bit hurriedly, picking up packing stuff. I got a decent load of it too. By this time there'd been a clearing in the clouds and a beautiful show, that really made me smile and also I could now take my time. 

I got back here and had my eggs and half of the chicken, and had just finished eating and was stuffing a bag of trash into the dumpster that's to be emptied in the wee hours overnight, when I heard Ken's truck. He was about 2 hours early. 

I dashed back in here, and made ready for Ken's visit and he had a huge power supply he'd been carrying around in his truck that he wanted to put in here. But first there were burgers to eat - Ken gave me a Whopper Junior which was tasty, and I ate only 1/2 of the bottom bun, so that's treats for the birds. 

After eating, Ken moved things around and put the big heavy ugly-bugly power supply in the warehouse, and as usual we talked about stuff. I got my check, which Ken *really* wants me to wait until Friday to deposit, and I said I can do that, no problem. Tomorrow's supposed to be rained out anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The little alarm clock works

 I went to bed at 1AM, after watching YouTube and drinking wine, plus snacking on things like a matzah with butter and some nuts. At least I...