Tuesday, July 21, 2026

It's 96 degrees out there

 Yowch! That's 35.5C. 

I've long noted that we've been responding quite actively to global warming, but make sure each year to emit more greenhouse gases than the year before. That's dedication! 

But a few years ago I could not have forecast that we'd not only keep up that excellent record, but come up with a whole new way to gobble up power, emit greenhouse gases, and also, as a bonus, greatly accelerate our progress toward the water wars. Data centers are a whole new thing. 

Apparently if you use AI for one thing,  like coming up with a summary of a book or movie, or coming up with a picture of bears playing soccer, it's the equivalent of driving a car several miles. I *may* be using AI when I do a google search, even though I've been continually turning down their offers to use the AI version. But those are just simple text searches so my use has to be minimal. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's 96 degrees out there

 Yowch! That's 35.5C.  I've long noted that we've been responding quite actively to global warming, but make sure each year to e...