Thursday, July 23, 2026

A nice windfall

 I re-photo'd the capacitors last night and can list them now. 

I did my post office and FedEx run, with small things, bought the usual couple of things (OK I spent $1.50 on a bundle of "minari" for tonight's soup) and on the way back checked on something. 

Last night I'd swiped the foam from the inside of these large protective boxes a place had left out. The boxes themselves are of very high quality, but were covered with stickers and looked scruffy as hell. I knew what they are, and was surprised to see them left out by a dumpster. 

So today I went by there again, expecting the boxes to be gone either because someone at that business wised up and brought them in, or someone else got them. But they were still there. 

So I got back here and offloaded things and hitched up the bike trailer, and got 'em. It took two trips, one with one of the big ones, angled because it's wider than the bed of the trailer, and the 2nd trip with the smaller one on the bottom and the other big one on top. I had to hustle because it's generally considered suspicious if one is skulking around a business park past 8 or 9 PM. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A nice windfall

 I re-photo'd the capacitors last night and can list them now.  I did my post office and FedEx run, with small things, bought the usual ...