Last night I cleaned up thoroughly, had my packages packed, and was ready to, when I woke up, just have my breakfast and hop on the bike and go.
I even got a decent practice in, as I did the night before too.
I got up exactly an hour before I had to leave, had my breakfast etc., and got out of here. Dropped off packages at the post office, went to the bank and deposited my pay check (my math agreed with theirs to the penny) and was feeling pretty good.
I rode down to Walmart and got a few things; paper towels, sunflower seeds, pepitas, and a bag of macadamia nuts just to have a different brand, and for a treat I guess, got a 3-pack of water filter cartridges. Those darned things are over $15 each now, but the 3-pack was $30.
I noticed a lot of things there are marked down, as people are just plain buying less and prioritizing their shopping.
I stopped at Nijiya on the way back and got a bag of coffee pour-over things. Those are almost $14 for 16 of them so they're not cheap, but they're far cheaper than my beloved Doutor canned black coffee which I've stopped buying because it comes in a weird small bottle now.
Oh, and between the bank and Walmart I stopped in at Sakura Market which is a real Japan-style kombini. I was able to get a nice refreshing sugar-free Lipovitan for a dollar and a half, and while the prices are a bit more than Nijiya's for the same things, they have cheap things like this ramen bar setup where you buy a package of ramen and cook it up there and there are add-ons, and there are small things like a single fried sausage etc.
I was going to get sashimi at Nijiya, but they've raised the price by a dollar and it looks like the portions are a bit smaller. And I didn't see anything else I liked so I just got the coffee and got back here.
Then I went back out and went to Lowe's for a couple of those cheap bristle paint brushes, Ross for socks and pillowcases, and finally H Mart for some Frima and a cold black coffee which I relaxed and drank sitting in front by my bike.
I *was* able to pay by cash so it's not that they don't take cash after 9 but more than they've closed out their drawers by the time it gets close to closing.
No comments:
Post a Comment