Wednesday, May 11, 2022

As the world crashes.

 I got in over an hour's practice last night and am just to where I'm learning two more low notes, F and E.  One big problem is the flute shifting around and it making my tone go to shit. I'm still so new at this I guess it's to be expected. 

One thing I think that is a factor is that I'm playing an "intermediate" flute instead of a student flute. I believe the head joint is different as I've said, capable of producing a richer tone but trickier. Whereas with a student flute, it's easier to get a consistent, if a bit "meh" tone. 

I have, besides another flute repair book, a little bottle of stuff for flute pads coming in. I'm not sure if I'll get this stuff tonight or next week as it's delivered to Ken's house. I want to go over the pads on the student flute with the stuff, and I also want to replace the head cork. I've been thinking of going to Mountain View to West Valley Music to see if they'll sell me one but thought about it today and the train fare alone is more than a cork would cost me on Amazon, and there's no guarantee they'll sell me one anyway. 

I went to bed at 6AM and woke up around 2 this afternoon. I started the day with some push-ups and neck exercises as I'll have to get into an exercise routine again - if I'm going to be a serious flute player I need to be in good shape. This is my plan as the world crashes. 

For some reason this was only a draft until I hit "publish" just now. Again and again and again I see it: People fast, computers slow. 

I packed 10 things and two of them were big so it was a slow ride in the End Times wind up to the post office and FedEx. I found some packing stuff plus an ... oxygen concentrator? I checked a new dumpster I go by all the time but never check and there were a lot of interesting things in there, computer/biomed stuff but the one thing I was sure of was the concentrator in its bag with manuals etc so I grabbed that. 

Speaking of freebees, I just can't get that interested in flogging stuff on Craig's List so I put the chair over by the taco truck that's nearby because places like that can always use an extra chair, put the clown drawing outside where it got taken pretty quickly I think for the possible gold content of the frame, and as for the bike shoes, the innersoles appear to be missing so eh. But an oxygen concentrator might be worth a bit if it works. It was just grab and go and I'll look at it later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RIP (h)Eli Copter

 RIP dear brave "Eli Copter" who so bravely gave its life to take out the "Butcher Of Baghdad" and a collection of other...