Monday, February 21, 2022

Presidents' Day

 295th day sober. After my big shopping trip last night I had a chashu roll, some mackerel, and some "arabiki" sausage to cut up/portion out and put into the freezer so I eventually got that done. 

Late at night I tried some ramen from a 2-serving ramen "kit" that's got powdered broth and the noodles are dry, coming in two bundles. It was surprisingly good, although there's nothing like fresh noodles. Maybe because it's the season for hot soup, but there's a real "run" on ramen and I was only able to find some by looking in the frozen section at Nijiya. At least that showed me good old S&S Saimin is still in business. I might have to get some of that next time for old times' sake.

I practiced close to 2 hours, doing those exercises but with a twist. After doing them in otsu, the first octave, I did a few repetitions in kan, the 2nd octave. I *am* improving. I can't think of any way to do so without just being very hard-headed and practicing every day (or night) for as long as it takes. When I first tried the trumpet I sounded awful. I had a super fuzzy "student" tone. It literally took me years to sound fairly decent, and a few more years to sound somewhat mature, which was only during this last summer when I was out busking and making all that money. 

Even with all the spending I've done, I've only spent about $120 this "pay period" between when I would have gotten a check last week and when I anticipate getting one this week.  Cooking at home makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...