Saturday, February 12, 2022

And the winner is ...

 285th day sober. Last night along with listing Ebay stuff I did a lot of A/B testing between the Shakuhachi Yuu and the Kukyo and ... the Yuu wins. I'm going to return the Kukyo because hey, it's $250 or so I'll get back and can apply toward an "enhanced" Yuu. 

I sent Monty Levinson an email saying I got the Yuu OK and am "tooting away" and he sent me back an email with a bunch of links including how to get a free lesson from a couple of different teachers, and I replied that I'm able to get a note OK, and can play Otsu (the first octave) and Kan (the 2nd) but probably not Dai Kan (the third) yet. He sent me back a hint to try later when I'm a bit further on, so I'm keeping that email. 

Monty's web page is kind of hard to decipher and a bit intimidating, so I notice the Shakuhachi Yuu web site, which used to only sell a few things, now has a number of books for sale that they didn't before so I might get a book next. 

I didn't sleep well, maybe too much coffee, and got up at 3, packed things and got out of here at the usual time. I got my Koga book spiral-bound at the FedEx place and did some shopping at H mart, and got a bunch of bubble sleeves and I mean a LOT like two large bags full (good thing I carry large bags on my bike) behind the lab equipment place and was so glad to get those I picked up a bunch of cardboard and junk in the trash enclosure there and put it into the dumpster since I'd made so much room. Now that I know it's unlocked on Friday evenings, I can get packing stuff then and neaten it up a little more. 

Dinner or early dinner or something, was about half a pound of white tuna sashimi and some arare. Healthy? I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...