Saturday, February 12, 2022

Another sleep filled Saturday.

 286th day sober. I did some shakuhachi practice last night, just exercises in the Koga book, and decided I was really tired so I went to sleep. 

I woke up too late to take off for this big epic shopping trip to Mitsuwa Marketplace I've been planning for weeks now.  

I've really been planning to shop the hell out of that place, too. I've got it all planned: I'd get a nice bento first and eat that, although I could break with my personal custom and get a bowl of ramen, if the lines aren't too bad. Then I'd go to Kinokuniya and look at their fountain pens. I'm pretty sure I want a Pilot Metropolitan which is considered "the" beginner pen but I want to try some others before making a final decision. 

I also want to look at their books for learning Japanese. There's the Genki ("Healthy") series but there are others too. Long ago I'd started a $35 or so Japanese class at the Akiyama Center in Jtown, but it was more than I wanted to take on so I dropped it. At least I'm in a good area for such things, and I can even take a serious class that's held in one of the temple buildings as long as I don't mind paying about $800 for it. There are classes in kanji and shodo (brush lettering) too. But I want to ease into it. 

After all that, I plan to shop in the market proper, looking for everything from coffee filters to an ice cube tray to sugarless gum, plus probably some regular market stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...