Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Another 3 zombies

 276th day sober. I woke up at noon, went back to sleep and actually got up at almost 4.  I finished packing the things I'd "pre-packed" and one thing more that had sold overnight, and got out of here a fair amount before 6. 

Traffic is crazy - I guess this is what it was like in the before times. I think a lot of people were told "You can work from home through January, but from February on, you need to be in the office - those covid numbers aren't going to keep themselves up!". 

But somehow the zombies are back to work too. One with the requisite shitty homemade bike trailer said Hi to me going by, fortunately the other way - of course I ignored it. Another was staggering across the street with a bike on Brokaw Road up by FedEx. Zombies don't know how to fix a flat, so generally they just push the thing for a while then just steal another bike. (There's a huge bike chop-shop on the aptly named Component street, not far from here.) 

The third came staggering along, dragging a suitcase for some reason, as I was rebuilding the load I had on the bike trailer because I found a fair amount of stuff tonight and was cussing because it was not going well for a while there. I should have known any sound attracts zombies. This zombie was cussing also. I had my "explainer" (long bolt I'd put a handle on and covered in yellow tape so it would look more friendly as I beat someone's brains out with the thing) in hand and the zombie kept shuffling along its path toward wherever that particular zombie hides at night. 

The bright spot tonight was the burger I had at 5 Guys, which was the juiciest I've had there so far. It was really messy but good. Good thing I carry rubbing alcohol with me to clean up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...