Last night I was up all night not only packing a 20-item order, but finding a few other things, plus I put the boxes of stuff I'd listed but not put away yet, away. I was far too tired to practice. Especially since I also gave myself a haircut and got all cleaned up so when I woke up I'd not have to worry about that.
I woke up and it was kind of nice, just having to worry about breakfast and packing a couple more things, then I was outta here.
I dropped off the 4-5 small things I had packed at the post office downtown, deposited my check at the bank and their numbers and my numbers agree so that's great.
I went over to Whole Foods and bought some nuts and got $100 cash back since I'm not busking this weekend. Then I rode down to Walmart and spent about $50, on useful things.
Then I headed back to Nijiya and got some salmon sashimi because I was feeling pretty hungry, and at that at the one table they have out front. Next was just riding home, dropping things off and loading up the trailer with the big box, and the plastic tub I use, which on this trip carried a bag of trash. I dropped both off at FedEx (the trash in the can out front, of course).
Due to having had the sashimi, I just got some routine things inside H Mart, although I did get one of their $3 iced coffees and a $5 "dubai" chocolate er, "chocolate" bar. Sometimes I just feel like some waxy chocolate sort of stuff.
So that was $8 on those two treats alone, but money's worth so little now it doesn't even seem like much. Back in the silver money era, that might have been 35c, although at present silver prices that would be almost twice as much, $15.
The lady at the checkout had handed me a package of some kind of milk dinner or breakfast buns, "I give to you!" which was nice, and I took them along, but I had no plant to eat them. I tried giving them to a homeless guy who was relaxing in front of Dave's Chicken but he didn't want 'em.
After finding packing stuff along my usual route, I passed a bus stop on Brokaw that seems to have an older Black person permanently camped there. I'd left stuff there the other night and that stuff was gone now, so I just leaned the buns against the bus stop sign and took off.
I got back here and am all done, whew! Also, last night I'd found a sort of climbing harness that I thought I might put on Ebay but it looked like one of the rivets holding it together had been repaired and I wasn't sure about selling it in that condition, so I'd left it out front here. And now it's gone so that's convenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment