Monday, July 24, 2023

No more surprise visits from the IRS

 I listed 20 things last night, got to sleep with just one wake-up, woke up around 4, and decided I'll just pack FedEx things and take them with the trailer, which means I can take smaller, USPS things tomorrow and not need the trailer. 

I left here a bit after 7 and rode up to FedEx, dropped things off, and got back here with some packing stuff. Plus, I investigated one dumpster that sometimes has food and found about 20 lbs of dried figs in those round containers and a barely-used 5-lb container of "Himalayan pink sea salt". I'm saving those for Tom. When he's back it won't be quite the traditional greeting of bread and salt, but it will be salt and dried figs, the sweet bread of Nature. 

It's cooled down a bit and what zombies were out were slow walkers and easily avoided.  Once I was back here, I put a nasty old piece of countertop or something the cleaning service guys had left out, into the HVAC place's dumpster was there was tons of room, and went into the trash enclosure and swept up the years' worth of leaf debris and crap that had built up in there and tossed it behind the enclosure. I also noticed that someone had written something, apparently in some of the nail polish that was going around the neighborhood a while back, on one of the supporting poles so I cleaned that off using some solvent. The "broken window theory" is a real thing.

On Reddit and then just now, on the radio, they mentioned that the IRS isn't going to do unannounced visits to people any more. This is sad, to me, as I'd only think it quite interesting if an IRS agent visited me, and the only risk to them would be no sugar cubes for coffee or tea, which I'd offer them like I would any guest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...