Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Good old 1930s politics

 Up at 3:30. I made the mistake of turning on the radio and heard a rundown by an expert on NPR talk about how the 'Rump and his followers may try this or that emergency power and how they're not going away. 

I think I've armed up pretty well for the budget I have, although I still want to buy a few bits for the Glock and I want to make a little jig to make the FMJ 9mm ammo I have into hollow points. Ideally none of it gets used and I sell it all off for 3X what I spent when I'm ready to go home. 

The smartest thing of course is to leave this shithole country but I'm not in my 20s any more, and the best I can hope for is to go off into some corner or pocket of it that most of the turmoil will bypass. That's why I think getting back to Hawaii is the best idea. Hopefully can ride out the coming times the way Django Reinhardt rode out WWII.

It was still raining when I went to bed at about 8AM but it's pretty dry now. 

I find I need to sign in to go on YouTube, where I'd been putting the comment "GENERAL STRIKES IF THE 'RUMP ISN'T DUMPED" here and there. So now I'm banned somehow? I can watch videos but not take part in live streams or comment, don't have access to my subscribed channels etc. I didn't think YouTube was that pro-Trump although in general the internet likes Nazis because Nazis are profitable. I've contacted them and may get back on, but I'm not holding out hopes. I can still watch my favorite videos, I just have to keep the channel names written down on an index card or just have them memorized the way we all used to have a handful of phone numbers memorized. 

This is just one more example of technology going backward. I managed to find Andy Bumatai's physical mail address and will probably write him a letter saying thanks for the good times when I could join the "Hamajang Gang" on Youtube but that those times are gone now. I've also sent emails to a few old correspondents warning them about the oncoming political chill, that they may have to watch out because if it's me, now, it may be them, soon.

I only had a few small boxes for the post office and one big one for FedEx so I took off at about 6:30 with just the big box and took it to FedEx. I only found a few shipping things on the way back. I saw this black box truck that I'm seeing all the time around here, pass by on Brokaw. That truck drives through the complex here maybe every hour or so I don't know ... maybe I'll start logging it. Lately I've left some scrap metal out which the driver of the truck picked up, fair enough. I get to get rid of the junk and they get some crack money from the recycling place. But are they so desperate now that they're trolling back and forth around the neighborhood hoping I'll throw out some stuff? I was just looking at some power tools and electrical cords someone had tossed out; how come these dumb bums can't find that stuff? 

I got back and had some scrambled eggs and vacuumed the floor and cleaned the bathroom and made ready for Ken to come by which he did, dropped off some boxes for packing and I helped him with a heavy-ass roll of coaxial cable, and we settled down to discuss the problems of the world. A couple suspicious guys (who wears shorts in this weather?) were walking around in the parking lot so once Ken assured me he'd locked his truck I closed the door and watched them on the video cameras. I think they'd come, each in their own car with one car having blacked-out windows, to wait for some 3rd party and they waited quite a while before giving up. I guess their deal didn't go down. 

Presently Ken left and I just had some Vienna sausages dipped in mustard-mayo for a quick dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spirit of Meyer Lansky lives

 Last night I got 12 things ready to list but then it was 11:30 and because of my "no work after midnight" rule, I put them in a b...