Friday, November 20, 2020

2 mil

 Up at almost 4. Yikes! I still needed to finish off the packages I've prepped and be out the door not much after 6. 

It appears to be a good time for the virus. As I keep belaboring, the model I thinks it's going to follow is the 1918 flu and that calls for about 2 million deaths in the US and two more years of keeping things shut down as much as possible. As of now, the hospitals in this area are projected to be overloaded in a couple of weeks. I remember in the early days of the virus the city setting up the convention center downtown as a large field hospital. The trouble is, when the hospitals get overloaded the death rate goes from less than 1% to something like 20% and that's not even factoring in the burst gallbladders, heart attacks, etc., that don't get treated because of the overload. That's where triage begins and you're written off if you're old, fat, etc. 

I actually got the packages finished and did my post office and FedEx run. I thought about getting some take out food somewhere, but that's not the best way to save money. So once I got back I had some scrambled eggs. 

Among other things I got some Ebay listings in, 15 items, before Ebay started getting too glitchy so I'll do the last 5 or 6 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...